Just what is Holy Cross Youth Ministry?
Our goal is moving middle and high school students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our mission is to move students into the presence of God through a deeper knowledge of His word, intimate worship, life groups, serving the world and prayer.
Important: PARENTS and STUDENTS TEXT @hcayouth to 81010
for all the latest and greatest UPDATES for Holy Cross Youth Ministry!
Holy Cross Youth Programs
WYG: Wednesday Night Youth Gathering
- When: Wednesdays 6:00PM-8:00PM /// Where: Holy Cross Student Center /// Who: 6th-12th Graders
- What to Expect: WYG opens with snacks and free time for students to play ping-pong, Ga-Ga ball, basketball, or a prepared game or group activity. Then we move into studying the Bible together. Lessons vary from month to month, each involving student study of the Bible passage or verses. The evening ends in Small Groups (divided by gender and grade) for time to discuss, process, and pray with and for each other. Last Wednesdays of each month we have dinner and a fellowship night! Past events have included movie night, karaoke, games, bowling, nerf wars, etc.
DIVE (Sunday Mornings 10:20 AM)
Join us in the Student Center across the parking lot from the main building for food and fellowship for our weekly Spiritual Growth class. We then split up into 6th-8th grade and 9th-12th grade classes to DIVE into the Word of God through our lesson, discussion, and prayer time. For more information contact our Youth Minister, Tracie Ryall.
Here are a few opportunities for youth to get involved in serving:
- Acolyte Ministry: Acolytes are a vital part of our worship service, and a large number of our students serve as acolytes. Contact Marlene Gulledge for more information.
- Psalm Reading: If you're interested in reading the Psalm during a worship service, contact Tracie Ryall.
- Nursery Rotation: Students interested in assisting in the Nursery can contact our Nursery Coordinator.
- Youth Service Saturdays: Students volunteer every other month at a variety of locations around our community. Some regular places we serve are; FISH Walton County, Pregnancy Resource Center, Uniting Hope 4 Children, Clarkston Refugee Missions. Contact Tracie Ryall about upcoming service opportunities.
- Altar Guild: The Altar Guild is a team of women who prepare the sanctuary for worship. This is a great opportunity for youth to learn more about our tradition and serve in a meaningful way. Contact Tracie Ryall for more information.